the never ending pointlessness of a boy's life

a sorry attempt to express the inner depths of my enigmatical mind. enjoy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Springfield, Missouri, United States

I'm 20. I am 6 feet and 2 inches tall. I am a boy. I am going to college. It is in St. Charles. I am going to major in multimedia design. That means I get to play with pictures on Adobe Photoshop. Fun Fun. More to come when I get creative.

7.24.2004

Post-Adventuring Relief

Well I am back, and what a story. Holy cow, what an adventure. Be prepared for a long story. Here goes.
 
    It all started on an early morning Thursday. I left my house at 7 00 to go get Court from hers. I got there and she couldn't find her shoes. What a silly girl. Do you wanna know where they were, I'll tell you. It was in the basement. Do you know who was too lazy to go and check? Thats right, it was Courtney. So I went to the basement and found them and brought them up and then after a quick goodbye we shipped out.
    The trip to Six Flags was pretty uneventful. In fact it was pretty boring. We talked about how excited we were, well Court did, I pretty much just listened. I don't really get excited about things.  ::pause:: I would just like to point out that my 20 year old sister is at hotornot.com and is rating boys. What a loser. ::unpause:: I went 80 the whole way. I like to drive fast. And 80, although not that fast seems fast when your cars Speed-o-meter only goes to 85...
    We got there right at 10. We had to pay 8 dollars, I think, for parking (gay). We had to wait in a car line to pay for that. We parked and then made it to the entrance and had to wait in a line to go through the metal detector. I didn't set it off which was good. Then we got to wait in line to buy our tickets. We bought our tickets and then got to wait in line all day to ride the rides.
    When does the serious adventuring start you ask? Well...right now.
It all started when we were in the parking lot. I skipped this part earlier because I was centering that paragraph on all the lines we had to be in. Court brought a ziploc bag for us to put our cell phones in so they wouldn't get wet. Good plan. Okay, thats the set up, if you think you know what happens now...too bad, keep reading. We make it into the park, the cell phone bag is in my left pocket. We decide to ride Batman The Ride first before the line got too long. Waiting in the line was fun I actually felt like I was in the underground of Gotham, traversing the abandonded sewer drains. Shortly before we reached the ride I decided to put my keys in my "not going to get wet" bag so as to prevent the removal of them from my pockets. The ride was great, I'll admitt that I don't like most rollercoasters. I don't mind spinning round and around, I don't mind going upside down. It doesn't bother me to go fast. I simply don't enjoy the feeling of falling... and I am scared of hights. Thats right, David's one and only fear. Now everyone knows about it. Well Batman didn't make me fall real far and it twisted in a fun way. So the ride went well. We got off and were heading to the exit when I realized that... I didn't have my "not going to get wet" bag. Meaning that they fell out... on the ride. We asked one of the people working there what we were supposed to do. He said that they couldn't shut the ride down because of safety reasons so we would have to wait around until the park closed and they looked for it and brought it to us. This is at about 10 30, the park doesn't close until 9...
    We try to make the best of our day, we still have our money...and health, and our parents aren't dead, at least that we know about. We kept coming up with situations that this was better than. For example, one of us didn't like twist our ankles or get really sick. Then things started getting more outrageous. I don't really remember those though... Anyway, we wondered around Six flags from 10 to 9 in the hot hot weather and Court threw away our map 6 seconds after picking it up because it was ackward or something and all of the maps that they had set up sucked and didn't tell us about the rides just the different sections. But we managed, we had no other choice, its not like we could go home.
    So it was hot. Very, very hot. We found a water ride that was like the American Plunge at Silver Dollar City only bigger in car size and smaller in river. It went about 20 feet then made a U turn and then stared going up for the drop. the car looked like this
 OOOOO-Heads 
I=====C-Car/Boat
The front of it was C shaped and made it make a huge splash in front of us. We got pretty wet and it looked really cool. It then turned again and put us back in the docking bay. We left and had to walk across a bridge that went over the track where it splashed. In other words if you hang out on that bridge you get drenched. That is exactly what we wanted. It was so cool, ambiguously (which means in more than one way). Watching the huge wave come at you was as Court would say "SWEEEEEET."
    So we wandered around the part for the rest of the day, rodes some fun and boring rides, rode the train, boring, saw one of the worst shows in the world. Maybe I'll describe this event for you.
Loony Tunes: We Got the Beat
    This was the Loony Tunes rendition of a bunch of 80's songs. Giant stuffed Loony Tunes came out and sang for us. Bugs Bunny stomped on my foot and I almost killed him because it made me so mad. Okay, well I kept my composure, but only because he had my keys and cell phone and wouldn't give them back until the end of the night. Anyway, the show was awful. I mean awful.
    We met a couple from IL, I thought them about Piebald and how cool they were. We saw them as we left too, I waved goodbye. I wanted them to take us back to the hotel because we still didn't have our keys. I think they would have been more than happy to have us...
    Okay, so it is about 8 30 pm and we are waiting by the lost and found. Just waiting. These two boys I'd say about 3 and five, I am not good with age though, I am sure Court will tell me how old they really were after she reads this and tells me how dumb I am. They were sitting there with their mom and grandmother. I think they were waiting for a husband to show up, I'm not sure if it was the Grandpa on the Dad. Thats not important though. The 3 year old is the important. Me and Court were just sitting there, Court turns and sees the 3 year old right in her face offering her a Shocktart. Court said "no, thank you." But he continued to try to give it to her. His mom was like "Honey, your hands are gross, she doesn't want that" He said "oh," but still held it out for her. He gave up a little while later and ate it himself.
    So we sat there some more and the little kid came over again and was trying to eat Court's sucker. She tried to explain to him that it would be gross because it had her germs on it. He didn't know what germs were so he kept trying to eat her sucker until his mom told him to leave us alone.
    A few more minutes went by and the 3 year old for a reason unknown to me screamed STEVEY!! His mom was like, "Honey, you cant see Stevey, he isn't here." The kid said "Oh, STEVEY!! It was so funny. So funny that I of course had to join in. I yelled "George!!" The kid was like, who's George? I tried to explain to him that there was no George and that I made him up. He kept saying okay and then asking so where is George? In a final attempt to get him to understand I said " He is mearly a figment of my imagination." I think he got it then.
    The waiting continued. The person the kids were waiting for showed up but the 3 year old was in a state of dismay. He stared screaming for George. It was the saddest thing because he was afraid that George wouldn't show up. I had given up trying to get the point across that George wasn't real so I said "I'm sure George will show up." That seemed to settle him down and they left.
    Shortly after this event Courtney began to get anxious and wanted to make sure that they were really looking for our stuff with flashlights. The park is closed at this time and there are only a few people still around. It was real dark and stormy. Court's has to see them looking so we had off twards the ride. The creepy carnival music that they play in the Batman movie w/ the penguin when all of the clowns are beating him up is playing and the lightening was right on que. I would have been creeped out if I were the type of person who got creeped out by such things. We make it to the ride and we see the guys looking with their flashlights and Courtney settles down. So we walk back and we wait.
    At like 9 30 they finally come. I do my best to control Court when we see them carrying our bag. We get the bag, our cell phones work, keys are there. Its time to head to her uncles. That story later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home