the never ending pointlessness of a boy's life

a sorry attempt to express the inner depths of my enigmatical mind. enjoy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Springfield, Missouri, United States

I'm 20. I am 6 feet and 2 inches tall. I am a boy. I am going to college. It is in St. Charles. I am going to major in multimedia design. That means I get to play with pictures on Adobe Photoshop. Fun Fun. More to come when I get creative.

7.27.2004

Post-Adventuring Relief (The Final Installment)

This is the last and final segment of my story. I am sorry it took so long to publish. I have a very busy life.... Hey, stop laughing....
    After the immense cultural diversity we though we would further emerge ourselves in an intellectual atmosphere. The Science Center. We were exited about going because it was going to be freeeeeeee!! Reaching our destination was a pretty simple feat and was achieved with I believe no fighting and no wrong turns. Huray. As we searched for a spot we noticed a sign that depicted the rental fee of the parking places. SEVEN DOLLARS!!!!! You might think ehhh, that's nothing, you can hardly see a movie for that. Well I say to you, go screw yourself, I want my seven dollars... Okay, well I wouldn't say that but seven dollars is a lot of money, especially since we were only going to get to be there an hour or two. So we said to each other "Forget this" and we headed to the arch.
    We parked in a Catholic church's parking lot that said "This is not parking for the arch!!!!" and then in itty bitty writing it said "We worship Marry and like to touch little children."...Well okay, it didn't really. But that would be funny. I'd laugh, anyway. So we thought to ourselves "if we visit the church we would be parking there for the church and then we couldn't get in trouble if we went and visited the arch. Bwahahaha, is that a sin? I sure hope not. I have enough of those under my belt already. Well, I guess they aren't really under my belt Jesus forgave me for them. You know what I'm sayin?
    So we walked up to the door and went inside to the first part, I'd call it the entry, Court, at this time, realized that it is a Catholic church, despite all of my comments that it is. How did she come to this realization you ask? The smell... She decides that she doesn't want to go in anymore so we leave and head to the arch(should I be capitalizing all of the A's?).
    We walked around the grassy area by the arch, Court took some pictures of it. She also took some sexy pictures of me, if you know what I mean. If you do know what I mean please explaining it to me, because I don't. I begin to get anxious because I don't really know where I am and I have no idea as to how I am going to get back home. It was rush hour in St. Louis there was going to be a Cardinals game in a few hours. I usually don't buckle under pressure but for some reason I just couldn't maintain stability. I needed to vomit or something. I didn't but it would have felt nice.
    I decide that I want to go pee in the arch. So we head off to the little underground area by the arch and go inside. The trip to and from the restroom was pretty uneventful. We had to go through metal detectors and they looked through Court's bag. They didn't find my bomb. Bwahahahaha, too bad it was a dud... So we left and went back to the car. We looked at a map and found out that I-44, the road home, was like six feet from where we were, the problem was though, we could only go one way on the street we were on and it just happened to be the wrong way...
    My nerves were still uneasy at the moment and I just knew it was going to be impossible to get to the right road, but despite my pesimistic attitude it was quite simply. Huray. Got to I-44 and the ride home was gonna be smooth sailing.
    Not. Moments later cars in front of my swerve violently from the passing lane to the slow lane in order to dodge an object unseen to me. I was in the passing lane... And I to dodge violently or am I to plow through whatever lies in the way. AHHHH, its a cooler and tire, DODGE, DODGE, DODGE! Weeeeeerrrk!! Vroom! Vroom! Shew, made it. Easy sailing again now that my heart is racing and my stomach is in knots.
    Nothing happened for a while which meant we were overdue (crap, like my library books). We stopped in Rolla for some gas and Court wanted something to drink. We went to this gas station that was all old like. It had old fashioned pumps with digital things and the inside was like the Cracker Barrel. I get me some gas and Court goes inside. I go in to pay for the gas, out comes Court empty-handed. I guess she changed her mind. I pay for the gas and use the restroom. Court waits out by the car because I locked it. I get in the car. I get back on the road. I head off toward the on ramp of I-44. Court goes "Would you be mad if we stopped somewhere else?" I said "What are you talking about, we were just at the gas station why didn't you buy anything?!" She said, "It was weird in side, it freaked me out." I was like, "No I will not stop somewhere else, you had your chance." I didn't want to try to figure out what was going through her head.
    We didn't talk for a long time but things got better, I don't remember how anymore, its been too long. We almost died later on when the road construction began, I didn't have any warning as to its beginning and was distracted by all of the semis turning on their hazards. The car in front of me stopped but I didn't see it because of the semi distraction but luckily Court pointed it out and I had just enough time to slam on my breaks and come to a screeching halt inches from the car in front of me. "That as close."
    After we made it through the construction we made it to Springfield problem free. The only thing was, we couldn't remember which exit to take to get back home. So, all six go by and we were like, hmm, prolly should have taken one of those so we turn around and end up heading down Kansas Express way. Talk about taking forever.... So we get home and I crash in my bed and everything was oooookay.
           The End.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home