the never ending pointlessness of a boy's life

a sorry attempt to express the inner depths of my enigmatical mind. enjoy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Springfield, Missouri, United States

I'm 20. I am 6 feet and 2 inches tall. I am a boy. I am going to college. It is in St. Charles. I am going to major in multimedia design. That means I get to play with pictures on Adobe Photoshop. Fun Fun. More to come when I get creative.

8.01.2004

Sunday School Tom

This is a little segment about one of my favorite people in the world. My Sunday School Teacher (or as my church calls it, Faith Family Leader) Tom. He is a great guy. I strive daily to be just like him. He is a computer programmer at Am-PAC, kinda like the guys in Office Space. I like that movie. He is very intelligent and very funny. More importantly though, he is Godly.

He is a very insightful person. He ties in quirky stories to go along with lessons. He refuses to do the lesson in its entirety from the book because the book does corny things. He often goes off on tangents that can actually be used in real life. I really like him.

He also likes to make fun of me. For some reason I like that? I guess it is because I always make fun of people and understand the humor in it and not the meanness. He got me a graduation card. It was unlike any of the others I received. It was one that he got for his son who graduated last year only he had marked out the note he made for his son and wrote one under it for me. The address on the envelope was also marked out and mine was put in its place. He also makes fun of my girlfriend even though he has never met her. He calls her skank and crackwhore. What kind of Sunday school teacher does that? Cool ones, that's who.

Unfortunately I am venturing to college and won't get to see him for a while. He is also contemplating quitting the Sunday school teacher job because he feels he is not as impacting on our lives as he would like to be. He feels that he is a lousy teacher and that someone better and smarter should take his spot. It's very sad to listen to him talk like that. Especially since it is not true. I am going to miss him. He was like having two straight dads and a mom, except he didn't live with me.

that's my story on Sunday School Tom. I hope it was slightly impactful on the inspirations of my life. Have a good day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I don't think I've ever known you to be sentimental.

I like it.

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home